Boulder UK second birthday party
Saturday 28th September
Our birthday party is a community event and an opportunity for all our customers to celebrate it with us! On the day there will be a fun, friendly, relaxed competition with climbs to suit all abilities with a slightly different scoring system. There will be fantastic prizes up for grabs from our sponsors Rock and Run, as well as spot prizes from us all at Boulder UK. The 4 categories are; male, female, vets (45+) and under 14s (full competition rules below).
As well as the competition, there will be free coaching workshops delivered by La Sportiva athletes Neil Gresham and Anna Taylor on fingerboarding and how to improve your slab climbing. To reserve your place, use the booking form below. FINGERBOARD WORK SHOP FOR OVER 18 ONLY.
The Flying Pig Pizza Company will be joining us from 12.30pm so grab yourself a freshly baked wood fired pizza for your lunch and enjoy the fantastic community vibe that BUK is well known for!
Normal entry fees apply.
Plus £5 comp entry which includes a scorecard, pizza and drink of your choice
|10.00am – 11.00am||Workshops with Neil & Anna|
|11.30am – 12.30pm||Workshops with Neil & Anna|
|12.00pm – 4.00pm||Competition (turn up whenever)|
Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each category
• Our Birthday competition will be held on our La Sportiva Competition wall
• It will start at 12pm and finish at 4pm on Saturday 28th September.
• There will be 20 problems to try
• This competition will be slightly different to normal. You will be able to try the problems as many times as you like to try to complete the problem during the competition times.
• Each problem will be broken down into sections. Points will be awarded for how high a competitor gets on each problem.
• To claim a top of a problem the top hold must be held with 2 hands, in control.
• If a problem is ‘flashed’ (the top is reached on your first go) then you will be awarded 11 points.
• 10 points will be awarded if a competitor gets to the top of a problem on any attempt after the flash go.
• There will be numbers next to selected holds on each problem indicating how many points will be awarded for holding those particular holds in control.
• Each competitor can only claim points for the highest scoring hold they reach for each problem, with a maximum of 11 points being awarded if the problem is flashed and 10 points if it is topped on any go after a flash go.