Please note we are unable to offer inductions at this moment in time
Experienced climbers (ages 18 plus)
If you consider yourself as an experienced boulderer and have used indoor bouldering centres regularly, then there is no need complete a centre induction. Upon your first visit to Boulder UK you will need to register and pay a one off joining fee of £5 at reception. To save time, you may wish to pre-register online by clicking the button below.
Experienced climbers (ages 14-17)
A parent or guardian will need to register you at the centre for unsupervised climbing and give their consent for you to climb during public times.
Boulder UK is passionate about introducing new climbers to the sport / lifestyle. We are committed to ensuring that your first climbing experience is a positive one, so if you have never climbed before at an indoor bouldering centre or have limited experience, we will ask you to complete a Boulder UK induction with us before you start climbing. If you are bringing the kids for a climb, you will still need to participate in a family induction to enable you to register with us (if you do not wish to climb, see below for how juniors can get involved). During the induction you will learn the necessary skills to use an indoor rock climbing facility safely and effectively.
What does the induction cover?
Adult Climbers (age 14 plus)
1 hour course / £25 per participant
This one-hour course includes all the necessary skills you need to use our centre safely. A coach will show you how it all works, some basic technique and how to supervise a guest climber.
(includes shoe hire, registration fee and entry fee) PLEASE NOTE WE CAN ONLY TAKE BOOKINGS FOR MEMBERS FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD – PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK A 1 TO 1 SESSION
*ages 14 to 17 will require parental consent upon arrival to the centre
Ages 8 to 13
x2 week course £30 per child
This course consists of two 1 hour sessions and covers safety, hold identification, basic technique and how it all works. Children will be awarded with a certificate upon successful completion of the course. (includes shoe hire, registration fee and entry fee)
Ages 5 to 7
1 hour course / £15 per child
A one hour session that covers safety and how it all works for infants that wish to join Mini B:UK Clubs. (includes shoe hire, registration fee and entry fee)
What happens after the induction?
Adult Climbers (age 18 plus)
Upon completion of an induction you will be able to:
• Safely use the centre and understand what bouldering is and the benefits
• Use the centre during public times for as long as you like
• Supervise up to 1 guest climbers per visit
• Have access to further courses and packages to help you develop as a boulderer
• 2 x week Tech Tac course: If you are eager to learn more and get better at bouldering we recommend this 2 week course which covers the basic techniques and tactics required to improve. CURRENTLY WE CAN ONLY OFFER 1 TO 1 TUITION DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL US TO BOOK Click here for further info and booking
• Improves Club: A relaxed session for new boulderers with our expert centre instructors on hand to give advice and support. A perfect way to meet other climbers of a similar level. Friday 7 – 8:30pm no pre-booking required CURRENTLY NOT RUNNING DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS. Click here for further info
Junior Climbers (age 17 and under)
Any climber under the age of 14 MUST be supervised by a registered climber or centre instructor. (To become a registered climber, you must complete the adult induction). If you are not a registered climber and do not wish to complete an induction course, see below for alternative options for juniors to access our centre:
Ages 14 – 17
Can climb unsupervised upon completion of a centre induction and can also join our Teen Club for additional coaching, see our junior clubs page.
Age 8 to 13
Can attend our B:UK Clubs upon completion of a junior induction. See our junior clubs for more details.
Ages 5 to 7
Can attend any Mini B:UK Club upon completion of a mini induction. See our junior clubs for more details.
Can attend our toddler sessions ‘Teenyrockers’. See our toddlers page for more details.